Thursday, January 21, 2016

WINTER BREAK IN TEXAS


 Today's post is a random selection of the photos I took while on my winter break in Texas. I've been really fortunate to spend this New Year's Eve with some of my closest friends. We celebrated 2016 in Houston and the night was everything I wanted it to be. If I had to change one thing though, I would just take more pictures! I don't know why, but every New Year's Eve I'm lucky if I have a couple of photos. Do you know the feeling?

Please bare in mind that it wasn't my first (or second) trip to Texas, so this time around I wasn't taking pictures of everything I saw. However, you can visit my older posts HERE, where I detailed all of my previous experiences.


State Capitol of Texas in Austin.




View on the city from the Baylor Street Art Wall. I wrote a separate post on it after my first trip to Austin. Read all about it HERE.







Keep Austin weird!


Food truck park by Barton Springs.


Probably the best ham and cheese sandwich I've ever had,
the Shiner Monte Cristo from Hey, Are You Gonna Eat Or What?

Shiner bock beer-battered Monte Cristo with pit-smoked ham and mesquite-smoked turkey, cheddar and provolone cheese + homemade cherry and fig jelly. Do I need to say more?


A must in Texas: tacos. Pictured: Torchy's Tacos.


iPhone pic with my best friend from Poland, who currently resides in Houston. 

This was New Year's Ever and I wore a little black dress (asymmetrical, sleeveless) from Amliee Couture that you can get a closer look of HERE.


Downtown Houston at night. A view from our Airbnb apartment building.


NASA Space Center!




Mission Control. This is where NASA people actually talked to the astronauts during their Apollo Mission! Houston, we have a problem!


Houston Museum of Natural Science


Mummy!



 And a Chicago view on my way back home! Can you spot a heart?





19 comments:

  1. Wow, such awesome photos! I love the wall art; I'm such a fan, since I'm originally from the Bronx, NY :) Thanks so much for sharing your recap with us and I hope you're having a great day so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, Jalisa! Have a great Sunday!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos and post! It looks like you had so much fun!
    lovelywoodland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos *-*
    yumikokawaiiworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning pictures, love all the graffiti! xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool and interesting post ;)

    XX

    Mónica Sors

    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    NEW POST: RIPPED JEANS + LACE UP FLATS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing! Happy weekend!
    much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive never thought of visiting texas, and i dont know why!! the food looks amazing!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas is so much fun! Especially the music scene! And food goes without saying :D

      Delete
  8. Awesome shots! That art wall looks super cool! Glad you had a fun trip!
    xMC
    http://mc2squared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meghan! Texas always treats me well!

      Delete
  9. So nice! I have never been to Texas but I do want to go for sure! Have a lovely Friday and weekend!

    Danielle
    http://www.blushblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas sure is worth seeing! Thanks for stopping by, Danielle!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...