Tuesday, November 11, 2014

How to make your boots look longer

Today let's talk about fall favorites. One staple that seems to stand out this season (or in fact, anytime fall comes back around), are so called over the knee boots. What to look for when choosing the right pair?

It may seem crazy, but there's so much that goes into considering what will work best for you, it simply just takes time finding the right ones. You want a leather pair? Suede boots? Heel? No heel? Tight fit? Loose? The list goes on. For a petite person like me, I thought maybe those boots were not for me. After all they will cut my legs off in weird proportions, I'll just end up looking even shorter. Well, that is not necessarily the truth. Like I said, it all comes down to the right fit. I know I need a little bit of a heel, not too high so I can easily run wild. Although those OTK stilleto boots look just stunning, I know I wouldn't get a good use out of them.  I need to stand on a stable and secure heel if I'm wearing any. The last thing I want is to trip or worry I'm going to break my short legs. Leather (faux?) or Suede? It's a matter of preferences, this time I was looking for the latter one specifically. Black, brown, grey? Although it would be lovely to own a pair in each color, I can never do bad in black shoes and those are the ones I feel the most comfortable in. Fit? I tried different kinds and believe boots that are too loose make me look as if I was drowning in them. They don't have to be skin tight, too. After all you may want to wear them with jeans or pants as well, not only dresses and skirts. One more thing is the length of the boot. Yes, they are called over the knee for a reason, but again, there's just so many options to choose from. I tried one boot that ended just in the middle of my knee and another one way over it at the same time. I stood in the store for a good while not being able to decide which ones I liked best. They both looked great, although they were totally different. I had to make a decision eventually, so I went with a pair I thought I would get the most out of. 

Yes, this post is about me obsessing over OTK boots. But since I chose the shorter version, I guess I shouldn't be calling them the same. Here's the thing, though. I'm only 5'2, so shoes that are under a knee for a tall person, go higher in my case. I also needed them to be useful creating many different outfits, so I don't have to worry when they don't fit in my jeans or are too tight.

To make your almost over the knee boots look longer, just get a pair of thigh high socks in the same color and voila, you created an illusion. Not only it looks sexy and fun, it is also so comfortable and practical, you're gonna want to live in them.


Okay, so I'm sure now you want to know where these beauties are from. Nowhere else but Forever21! Duhh. It's no secret this is one of my favorite stores. It just never disappoints. I've been eyeing different pairs of boots on their site for a while, then finally decided to stop by the store and check them out myself.

You can order them here (note: free shipping today!):

And did I mention they are under $40? Yes, you "heard" it right. 


Another OTK Forever 21 pair for the same price here.


P.S. I'll write a separate post about the whole outfit next. It is just too good to not be mentioned. So many staples and only $100! Stay tuned!



2 comments:

  1. I never thought of this before! This is a great way to make almost thigh-high boots go over the knee! Thanks for sharing, great post. :)

    http://www.skinnybelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Robyn! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)) Thank You for reading my rambling :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...