Friday, March 27, 2015

HOOVER DAM


As I mentioned in my last post (HERE), I wanted to end our cross country trip in Las Vegas to celebrate my 24 birthday in a proper manner ;) 

On our second day in the city, we got up bright and early (and by that I mean about 4 a.m.) and were off to making another one of our biggest dreams come true - visiting Grand Canyon

This trip was the one and only guided tour we decided to buy when planning our trip. Everything before that was pretty spontaneous and up to us and our hosts. Because Grand Canyon is still quite a drive from Las Vegas (yet still closer than we have ever been to it), we decided to play it safe and let the guide take us there. 

Today just a little bit about our quick pit stop - the Hoover Dam.
This is probably one of the musts and guarantees when booking a trip to Grand Canyon. 

Aaand a little history: 
Located between the states of Arizona and Nevada, Hoover Dam has been around since 1930s (built during the Great Depression). Its construction cost over hundred of lives, and it's one of the most common facts about Hoover Dam. As for the purpose, it was mainly built to control floods, provide irrigation and produce hydroelectric power. Infamously named after the president Herbert Hoover.



I didn't want to wait for my own picture with the sign, so I just joined the picture with this gentleman.


Me when realizing I'm finally making my dreams come true :)



More about Grand Canyon and the second leg of our tour in the next post!
Stay tuned!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...