Monday, March 3, 2014

OSCARS 2014

Tonight is the night! If any of you love movies and/or are celebrity stalkers as I am, then we should be really excited. Oh, and did I mention that Ellen Degeneres is hosting? It really doesn't get any better than that....

OK, so I am over 30 minutes in since the award show went live and I am writing this post as I'm watching it (don't worry, I'm dvr-ing it too, so I make sure I won't miss any of the funny stuff Ellen will do or is currently doing).

Aaaaaaand the (well deserved) award for the best supporting actor goes toooo.....



Now coming back to the host of the night.


ELLEN. Can anybody get enough of her? Impossible. I cannot imagine anybody else who's more suitable to fill in these shoes. It's been 7 years since the last time she hosted the Oscars, and my only question is, why has it been so long? For all it's worth, she could host any kind of awards and still be dazzling. I know I sound like a nerd right now, but she's the best. It's been an hour since the show started, and by far everything that came out of her mouth was hilarious.

Happening right now, we have adorable Kevin Spacey up on stage talking about humanitarian awards. I just wanted to point it out since I love him so much. 
(Yes, I didn't cover some of the awards that were given away, I'm just going to stick to the most important ones everybody is really waiting for).

One of the songs nominated tonight is 'Ordinary Love' by U2. It's a shame to admit it, but it's actually the first time I'm hearing it. Needless to say, Bono and guys killed it. Their performance was simple, yet powerful. I loved it, crowd loved it. No surprise, after all, they are legendary. I hope they will win.



There we go. Another proof that Ellen is the best. If you didn't know that by now, it's time you that do.


Back with the awards. Best supporting actress. Bam!


Did I mention that Ellen is awesome?



We just had Whoopi Goldberg talking about 75th anniversary of the greatest 1939 'Wizard of Oz' following with the performance of 'Somewhere over the rainbow' by Pink. One word. Exquisite.


And of course, the following joke by Ellen...


Another highlight of the night. Just a presence of Jennifer Garner. Ben is a lucky guy.


Aaaaand award for the best original song goes too.....

Well, U2 didn't win. 'Let it go' from the movie 'Frozen'. Haven't seen that one, but heard it's great. And the song was performed by the great Idina Menzel, so I'm actually not disappointed.
Oh and the acceptance speech was awesome. They did rhyming names to thank people and it came out awesome.

Adapted screenplay. Just a shout out for 'Before Midnight' that didn't win, cause I love it. It's  a shame, but competition was tough, so I get it. '12 years a slave' is a winner.

Now, presenting the award for the best director. Angelina Jolie and Sidney Poitier.


And the winner.


It's getting late...

Best actress award goes to the beautiful...



The goofiest and coolest actress of my age. Jennifer Lawrence. I just love her. And so does everybody else. Here presenting the Oscar for the best actor.


Alright. That one was easy to predict.



And now the moment everybooooody has been waiting for (now it's really late!).

Here are the nominees for 


These were my favorite moments of the night. Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did.
Congratulations to all the winners!

Now, if you excuse me, my bed is calling my name.


Good night!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...